A wave viewed from underwater
"You messaged me out of the blue.- FRS, Yes we met on tumblr, no he wasn’t a fifty year old man. (via dahlia—noir)
I wasn’t looking for anyone,
In fact I was too busy running from someone else,
But I slowed down enough to reply
You slowly became my good morning text,
My drunken phone call,
My tearful FaceTime when work had wrung me out like a dirty tea towel,
And you were there,
"And I understand. I understand why people hold hands: I’d always thought it was about possessiveness, saying ‘This is mine’. But it’s about maintaining contact. It is about speaking without words. It is about I want you with me and don’t go."- She was always holding my hand (via fearlessknightsandfairytales)
"I’ll eat you whole
I love you so, I love you so
Please don’t go, I’ll eat you whole
Please don’t go, please don’t go
I love you so, I love you so, I love you so"
Néle Azevedo :Ice Men Figuriines in Belfast, Ireland
brazilian artist néle azevedo ,presented as part of the belfast
festival at queen’s university in northern ireland.
the artwork is a collection of hundreds of carved ‘ice-men’, ‘Monumento Minimo’, perched readily side by side on the steps of custom house in the city of belfast, a carefully prepared intervention that slowly thawed under the heat of the day. the figures sit slouched, with legs dangling – an oddly charming set of characters
full of aloof charisma. the project was selected by the curator of the event as a tribute to titanic victims, the ephemeral artwork a powerful expression of the transitory nature of life, and death.
1.Palestinian children take shelter at a UN school after evacuating their home near the border in Gaza City. (Mahmud Hams/AFP/Getty Images)
2. Palestinians stand amongst the rubble of Tayseer Al-Batsh’s family house which was destroyed in an Israeli air strike in Gaza City. (Mohammed Salem/Reuters)
3. Palestinians travel to a shelter at a UN school after evacuating their homes near the border in Gaza City. (Mohammed Abed/AFP/Getty Images)
4. Palestinian children stand next to graves ahead of the funeral of 18 members of al-Batsh family who were killed the previous night in Israeli strikes that hit their house as they were targeting Hamas police chief Tayseer al-Batsh. (Thomas Coex/AFP/Getty Images)
5. A Palestinian boy draws on a chalk board at a UN school after evacuating his home near the border in Gaza City. (Mahmud Hams/AFP/Getty Images)
6. A blood-stained mattress rests on top of the rubble of a house following an Israeli air strike, that killed 18 people of the same family in Gaza City. (Thomas Coex/AFP/Getty Images)
7. Palestinian families travel to a UN school to seek shelter after evacuating their homes near the border in Gaza City. (Mahmud Hams/AFP/Getty Images)
8. The son (L) of one of the Palestinian members of Tayseer Al-Batsh’s family, who were killed in an Israeli air strike, mourns during their funeral in Gaza City. (Mohammed Salem/Reuters)
9. A Palestinian woman gestures as she stands behind a missile which was fired by Israeli aircraft at a shack belonging to Bedouins in Rafah. (Ibraheem Abu Mustafa/Reuters)
10. Palestinian children sleep on the floor at a UN school after evacuating their home near the border in Gaza City. (Mahmud Hams/AFP/Getty Images)
Spectacular colour into this arid Utah desert by Guy Tal
The Badlands region in the American West is famous (or infamous) for its arid and unforgiving landscape, which is decorated by sharp and eroded spires of stone. If you catch it at just the right moment and in the right conditions, however, these apparent wastelands can give birth to an extraordinary explosion of color and life in the form of beautiful wildflowers.
this is so lovely ♡